Friday 4 March 2011

Things that they don't tell you in writers school

Not that I went to writers school. But really! Ok so you write a book and as it moves through all the processes your left to watch and think ok whats next? Should be a class at the Surrey Writers Conference. It could be titled "Its in the can. What happens next." No, that really should be a period and not a question mark as I want to be told. Topics, do I pay my flight to London to attend the London Book Fair? If I get a hundred books to give away to friends and people that helped along the way do I pay duty when they cross the border? What the hell does a hundred hardbacks weigh and how much will it cost to ship? Special Book rates? Quarterly payment of royalties why is that not such a good thing? Yeah they should run a class on this stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment